Use member discounts to help pay for your membership. Take advantage of our eNews Blog and RSS feed to get your news out to the photo industry! Meet new clients and much more. All this for less than $3 a week!
- National Networking
- Chapter and Local Networking
- Health Insurance Access & Discounts
- Other Insurance Discounts
- Free Job Board Access
- Free “Find a Pro” Listing
- Free Seasonal Networking Parties
- PACA/ASMP/APA Event Discounts
- Monthly Dues Payments
- Photo Festival & Expo Discounts
- Quarterly Magazine Subscription
- Free eNews Promotions
- Exclusive Member Area
- Apple Products Discount
- Photoshelter Discounts
- PDN & PDNOnline Discounts
- Knowledgewebb Discounts
- Marketing Mentor Discounts
The American Society of Picture Professionals is a unique, supportive community of photographers, picture researchers, photo buyers, and picture agencies. With highly successful members from all sides of the picture-licensing industry, ASPP is particularly well positioned to help you make critical industry contacts. ASPP also serves as an invaluable gateway for learning the skills and strategies that will allow you thrive professionally. Click here to join ASPP today!
Press Release Service for Members
Grab a badge below!
Three major reasons for joining ASPP:
1. Education, Education, Education. Education is the key to success in the constantly evolving picture industry, and ASPP members regularly rank educational opportunities as the Number One value of ASPP membership. The digital revolution continues to usher in amazing new professional opportunities, but it also continues to baffle and confuse. The spring educational conference, ASPP’s highly regarded Picture Professional magazine, local chapter events, and helpful support from other members are just a few of the ways that ASPP will contribute to your ongoing professional development.
2. Networking and Community. ASPP members meet some of their most important professional contacts through the organization. Because ASPP is a close-knit association of highly successful professionals, membership gives you invaluable access to an elite but inclusive group of supportive peers. ASPP’s eNewsletter keeps you apprised of other members’ activities, as well as giving you a free channel for marketing your own efforts. ASPP’s online, searchable “Find a Pro” membership database is a powerful networking tool you can use to target specific picture professionals.
3. Supporting our Industry. ASPP is a nonprofit association dedicated to promoting knowledge and practices that benefit the picture industry as whole. By bringing together the diverse perspectives of various professionals, ASPP helps find the common ground that is crucial to the livelihoods of ALL picture professionals. Your membership dues support an important organization!
What membership provides:
- Annual individual membership in one of five Chapters.
- Subscription to ASPP’s quarterly magazine, The Picture Professional.
- Free listing in our “Find a Pro” online membership directory.
- Free or discounted attendance at all ASPP events, including national educational programs and local Chapter meetings.
- Access to industry job postings.
- Free monthly eNewsletter.
- Preferred pricing on the latest Apple products and accessories.
- Additional benefits through our partner special offers and discounts.
Why I Belong to ASPP:
|Ellen Herbert, NEAT Production
"My longtime membership and involvement in the ASPP continues to be one of the smartest investments in my career and in my industry. The member benefits are constantly expanding so membership dues are quickly recouped through savings on computers, software and industry subscriptions. Of great value to me as a freelancer/small business owner is the benefit of access to affordable health insurance... this alone is worth the price of membership 10 times over.
ASPP's networking aspects, Find a Pro services and job listings have proven invaluable. I love connecting with fellow industry experts across the nation to collaborate with and call on for advice and assistance for any number of professional needs. Being involved on a local level helps me navigate the creative and ever-changing landscape here in the West as I establish and grow NEAT Production. All in all, the ASPP is a necessary and invaluable tool for today's Picture Professional."
Marilyn Angel Wynn, Nativestock Pictures
“Out of the many organizations to be a member of, I find that the ASPP is one of my most valuable associations to belong to. It's terrific to hear both sides of the picture professional industry's projections and concerns, to know that I'm not alone in my observations. Both photographers and researchers who have joined the ASPP strive to network together, thereby creating solutions for our fast and ever changing ways in this industry. To be part of the ASPP is an absolutely extraordinary opportunity.”
Thomas Lisanti, Manager, Photographic Services & Permissions, The New York Public Library
“As the head of The New York Public Library's Permissions department I felt I was operating in a vacuum. I joined ASPP to make contacts with other photo professionals and to learn more about the business of image licensing. In a short period of time I've met extremely nice photo researchers, photo editors, art buyers, etc. and have learned from them what they require and expect, which will help NYPL increase its licensing business.”
Alison Wright, Photographer
“I went into the ASPP Education Conference not knowing anyone and after four days I left with not only definite work contacts but what I feel are life long friendships. Everyone I met was so gracious with their sharing of knowledge. It really created an environment of positive energy and encouragement.”
Tom Wear, Manager of Contributor Commnications, Getty Images.
"I've been a member of ASPP for nearly as long as I've been in the photo industry: almost 20 years. I value my membership because ASPP is the single meeting place for the entire diverse world of people who make their living with and share a love for the creation and use of images."