Categories of Membership:
- Accredited General: $125.00
- Senior Accredited (65+): $95.00
- International Accredited General: $135.00
- International Accredited Senior: $105.00
- Educator: $40.00
- Student (Worldwide): $25.00
- Monthly Auto Renew: $12.00/month
- Accredited Group Membership (5+ at same company): $100/member*
- Two Year Accredited Membership: 10% discount*
- Affiliate Member: $75.00
To become a general accredited member, you must meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Verifiable experience in the professional picture field,
- A professional website featuring your work, bio and client list,
- Recommendation of at least one currently active ASPP member.
Becoming an Affiliate Member
ASPP now offers an Affiliate Membership for semi-pros or dedicated amateurs, those interested in learning about the industry and those who are not fully qualified as an accredited member or just entering the field. There is a two-year time limit for this category. After two years, affiliates will be offered accredited membership. Members in this category will not have access to ASPP's insurance broker for discounted rates, cannot take advantage of our press release service, will not receive our quarterly magazine and have no voting privileges nor be eligible to hold National or Chapter Board positions. Affiliate members have access to the Member Area, Job Board and can participate in most member product and services discounts as well as enjoy reduced fees for Chapter and National programming events (full member discounts may not apply for certain events).
Other Options for Accredited Members
We've also added two new price levels for accredited members:
- Members of the US Military: $75 with proof of credentials
- Family Members: $85/per person for households with more than one accredited member at the same residential address.
- Group Members: $100/per person for companies with 5+ members. Click here for a list of companies and the promo code.
Educator membership requirements:
The educator membership category is a special category for those individuals who are employed full-time at a learning institution at the High School through College levels. Educators will be required to provide details regarding their school affiliation, position, school email address and curriculum(s) taught. Professionals engaged as part-time educators who are also gainfully employed, or self-employed, in the same area of concentration they participate in as educators, are not eligible for membership via the educator category. Please apply through any of the other affiliate or accredited membership levels.
Student membership requirements:
Students currently enrolled in photography courses at the secondary school (high school) or college level may be eligible to become ASPP members at the student rate of $25.00 per year. If membership is approved, you will be required to: (a) pay annual dues and (b) provide a minimum of 10 hours volunteer service with an ASPP member, Chapter or National officer for each year that you qualify for student membership.
To apply online:
Click the Join/Renew button to complete the information needed and to submit your application for review. Once your application has been approved and processed, you will receive a series of emails with information about how to proceed.
Submit by mail: Download and print the PDF, complete the membership application form. Please include your credit card information on the form. If you are renewing, your card will be charged and you will be sent a receipt. If paying by check, make it payable to: ASPP, Inc. If you are joining for the first time, your card will not be charged until your membership is approved. Mail your completed application and payment to: ASPP, 12126 Highway 14 North, Suite A-4, Cedar Crest NM 87008.
Tech tip: If you cannot print the PDF because it opens in your browser, select File Save from your browser menu to download the file. Then open the PDF file in Acrobat to print.
- Log in here using your user name and password. To recover lost login information, click on the "forgot password" link or contact the National Office by phone: (505) 281-3177.
- Once logged in, you will be prompted to renew your membership. Please follow the automated prompts through the renewal process.
- After renewing, we strongly advise that you review and update the information in your profile.
- If you would like others to view select information about you, keep the display profile field marked YES and select the check boxes to the right of each line item you want displayed. To update, click the “Submit Changes” button at the bottom of your profile page.
Upon receipt of your dues, your membership will be reactivated for a 12-month period (extended from your original join date). You will receive an automated receipt.